Each year, we are honored to recognize businesses and leaders who have made a substantial difference in our community at our Awards Breakfast in April. Those awarded are nominated by members of our community for the following awards: Property Improvement Award(s), Spirit of the Community, Young Professional of the Year, ATHENA Leadership, Nonprofit of the Year, Environmental Sustainability and Innovator of the Year.
Each nominee must meet certain criteria and be affiliated with a Chamber member. For a list of our 850+ members, click here. More information about each of the awards is below. For questions, please contact Lark Plessinger at 717-264-7101 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Award winners will be honored at our Annual Awards Breakfast on April 5 from 7 to 9 a.m. at the Chambersburg Country Club. Please click here for registration and sponsorship information.
Property Improvement Awards
The Property Improvement Awards are designed to recognize excellence in design and construction of Chamber members’ projects completed in 2017. Categories include rehabilitation up to $150,000, rehabilitation between $150,000-$500,000; rehabilitation over $500,000 and historic preservation.
Several professionals from the construction industry will visit the project sites in early March to assist in the review process. Projects entered within a specific category may be re-categorized by the committee based on the project’s cost for judging purposes.
Each project is judged on its own merits based on the following criteria:
- Design and use of space
- Degree of difficulty
- Workmanship and quality of construction
- Appropriateness to surrounding/existing structure(s)
- Effect on neighborhood/community
- Overall economic impact on community
To nominate a business (self-nominations are permitted), complete this nomination form and return it to the Chamber by Monday, Feb. 26 at 5 p.m.
Spirit of the Community
We will recognize an individual who has demonstrated a tireless and unselfish commitment to improving the quality of life in Chambersburg beyond the role of their career.
The criteria include:
- Currently leads or has led/supported a community improvement project (must be a project not work-related)
- Demonstrates ability to bring the community together to accomplish a goal or project;
- Represents Chambersburg in a positive manner and serves as a positive role model in the community
- Demonstrates commitment to promoting and/or contributing to the quality of life in Chambersburg
- Candidate’s company is a member of the Chamber for a minimum of one calendar year (exception for retirees)
- Access the nomination form here and return it to the Chamber by Monday, Feb. 26 at 5 p.m. Please contact Lark Plessinger with questions at 717-264-7101.
Young Professional of the Year
Presented by the Chambersburg Chamber and 11/30 Network
Created in 2017, this award aims to highlight and promote the talent of the next generation of leaders in our community. Nominees should exhibit the pursuit of excellence in their career and demonstrate valuable contributions to the community.
- Demonstrates professional examples of leadership
- Committed to the advancement of his/her profession
- Serves as a positive role model for his/her profession and peers
- Actively engaged in giving back to the community through a variety of outlets
- Must be a professional under the age of 40
- Candidate’s company is a member of the Chamber or the individual is a member of
the 11/30 Network, for a minimum of one calendar year
- Candidate must live/work in the area for a minimum of three years
To nominate a young professional (self-nominations are permitted), complete the nomination form and return it the Chamber by Feb. 26 at 5 p.m.
ATHENA Leadership Award
This award honors professional, community and personal leadership as well as those who actively assist women in reaching their full leadership potential. This award is well-known on an international scale and is one of the most prestigious leadership awards an individual can receive.
- ATHENA Leadership Award Nominees may represent either the profit or not-for-profit sector.
- Previous ATHENA Leadership Award Recipients are not eligible for nomination, however past nominees may be nominated again.
- There is no minimum or maximum age qualification that must be met by ATHENA Leadership Award Nominees.
- Demonstrate excellence, creativity and initiative in their business or profession
- Provide valuable service to improve the quality of life for others in their community
- Actively assist women in achieving their full leadership potential
Please click here for the nomination form and more information about the review process. Submissions must be received by Monday, Feb. 26 at 5 p.m.
Nonprofit of the Year
Presented by Chambersburg Chamber & United Way of Franklin County
We will recognize a nonprofit whose innovations address areas of need to improve the prosperity of Franklin County.
Nominees will address the following criteria:
- Must be a 501(c)3 nonprofit agency working within Franklin County.
- The organization’s mission must address a need in Franklin County and work diligently to fulfill this need in innovative ways.
- The nonprofit should impact the overall prosperity of the greater Chambersburg area and Franklin County.
- Community contributions of the organization should extend outside of the nonprofit through collaborations and partnerships with other sectors of the community.
- The nonprofit must be a current member of the Greater Chambersburg Chamber of Commerce and must have been a member for at least one calendar year.
- The nonprofit must be governed by a volunteer Board of Directors.
- The organization must have been in operation for at least three years.
To nominate a nonprofit organization, click here. Forms should be returned to the Chamber by Monday, Feb. 26 at 5 p.m.
Environmental Sustainability Award
Presented by the Chambersburg Chamber & Wilson College
A business or nonprofit organization will be recognized for their operations, processes or products that reflect adherence to the principles of ethical, economic and environmental sustainability.
Examples of criteria considered:
- Waste management policies and practices
- Recycling practices
- Use of renewable energy resources
- Protection and conservation of natural resources such as air, water, soil, etc.
- Pollution reduction practices
- Wilderness and wetland stewardship efforts
- Practice and promotion of sustainable agriculture
- Promotion of sustainable lifestyles and quality of life
- Food security and farmland preservation efforts
- Environmentally friendly designs of facilities (buildings, roadways, etc.)
To nominate a business (self-nominations are permitted), complete the nomination form and return it to the Chamber by Monday, Feb. 26 at 5 p.m.
Innovator of the Year
This award recognizes an entrepreneur, business owner or key manager who has succeeded through innovation and risk-taking in introducing new products or services, or growing an existing product line through a unique approach.
- New product growth
- Employee growth
- Innovative use of technology to improve processes
- Industry recognition
- Performance in export markets
- Innovative marketing
- Impact on the economy of the greater Chambersburg area
- Ability to overcome adversity
- The individual will show strong community involvement.
- The business must have been a business for a minimum of three years.
- The business must be a current member of the Greater Chambersburg Chamber of Commerce and must have been a member for at least one calendar year.
To nominate someone, click here for the form and return it to the Chamber by Monday, Feb. 26 at 5 p.m.
Please contact Lark Plessinger, communications manager, with inquiries at 717-264-7101 or email email@example.com.