What is the Wellness at Work Walking Challenge?
A free 3-month long step challenge of 10,000 steps every day in February, March, and April!
- Register and participate in the individual challenge or create a team of four and participate in the team challenge.
- Teams must have exactly four people. All team member names must be submitted when registering.
- Challenge yourself, your coworkers, your family, friends, and neighbors to be more active.
- Inspire your co-workers to get more exercise by inviting them to join your team.
- Maps, walking loops, fitness tips, gym information, and nutrition tips will be shared.
What can you win?
Each week, participants who complete 10,000 steps every day that week will be individually entered in a weekly raffle to win $25 giftcards or Chamber Dollars.
- To be eligible for the raffle, please submit steps using the link at the top of the Walking Challenge webpage every Monday, with all step totals from the previous week (Monday-Sunday).
- Grand prize for the “MVPs” (categories: team and individual logging the most steps)
- Employer with the most participants will be recognized.
- Most importantly, you win the opportunity for improved health!
Who can participate?
This challenge is open to anyone in the community. Any chamber member or employee of participating employers can participate, including spouses, children, co-workers and or friends to build a team of four.
When is the challenge?
Challenge begins: Monday, February 6
Challenge ends: Sunday, April 30
Final step logs with grand totals are due on Monday, May 1st
MVP winners will be announced on Monday, May 8
How do I register?
Registration is required by Friday January 27 and is completely FREE. Sign up in either the individual or team challenge (up to 4 participants per team). Enter your name (if individual) or all members names (if team of four), point of contact/team captain, contact phone and contact email.
Register yourself or your team here
How do I track my steps?
Please use your cell phone, fitness apps, pedometers, and other wearable devices to accurately track steps.
Need a pedometer? A set amount of free pedometers are available for Chambersburg Chamber members thanks to ChamberChoice. Please contact the Chambersburg Chamber of Commerce or stop in during normal business hours to claim yours before they’re gone.
Greater Chambersburg Chamber of Commerce
100 Lincoln Way East
Chambersburg, PA 17201
Hours: 8am-5pm M-F
How do I promote this within my workplace to other co-workers?
If you would like to promote the 10,000 Steps, Help Keep the Winter Blues Away walking challenge within your organization, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 717-267-7928 to get flyers and more information.
Email Jamie Goetz, Employer Relations Specialist, Summit Health: email@example.com