Executive Director of the Greater Chambersburg Chamber Foundation
The Greater Chambersburg Chamber of Commerce is currently seeking an Executive Director to lead the Greater Chambersburg Chamber Foundation. This position oversees and manages the Foundation in accordance with its bylaws. This position serves as a staff liaison to the Chamber Board of Directors and is responsible for all programs and events hosted by the Foundation including the Leadership Franklin County program. This position reports to the Chamber President, and to the Foundation Board.
The Greater Chambersburg Chamber Foundation’s mission is to advance the free enterprise system by fostering leadership, citizenship and education. The Foundation, an affiliate of the Greater Chambersburg Chamber of Commerce, is a 501(c)3 corporation exclusively for charitable, educational and cultural purposes. It provides a mechanism to establish, administer and finance programs to meet the community’s crucial and changing needs in line with the Chambersburg Chamber of Commerce.
- Oversees and manages the Greater Chambersburg Chamber Foundation
- Reports directly to the Chambersburg Chamber President and the Foundation board
- Coordinates and administers Leadership Franklin County Community, Leadership Franklin County Youth, Leadership Franklin County Advanced and Leadership Franklin County Alumni
- Coordinates regular meetings with local and regional human resource managers and plant managers, both one-on-one and in group settings. Engages in workforce and labor-pool issues as well as data collection.
- Coordinates the development and implementation of Workforce Development Initiatives, including the Community Education Coalition
- Organizes, promotes and attends all workshops and meetings related to the Workforce Initiative
- Promotes and oversees administration of the Franklin County Works Job Board
- Responsible for organizing all meetings and working with the respective committee chairs to create agendas, meeting packets and minutes
- Makes recommendations to the Foundation Board of Directors regarding organizational improvements and program development
- Oversees the financial management of the Foundation and all its activities. This includes developing annual budgets in coordination with the Chamber Financial Director and the Foundation board of directors.
- Participates in community coalitions that relate to the mission of the Foundation
- Seeks, applies for and administers grants, both private and public, to support workforce development initiatives
- Administers and promotes the Foundation’s role as an approved Educational Improvement Organization by the Department of Community and Economic Development.
- Responsible for distributing EITC funds through the technology grant program
- Creates annual fundraising plan, supports the fundraising committee and is the primary coordinator of the Scoop-a-Palooza fundraiser
- Organizes an annual education luncheon that showcases grant recipients, corporate sponsors, program accomplishments and recognizes volunteers.
- Coordinates the Annual High School Business Challenge with Franklin County schools
- Attends Chamber functions as needed to advance the interests of the Foundation
- Organizes Tim & Susan Cook Memorial Race in partnership with the Chambersburg Area School District Foundation
- Other duties as assigned by the Chamber President
- Regular reporting to Chamber President, the Foundation Board of Directors, and monthly reports to the Chamber board of directors.
Qualified Candidates will possess the following:
- Degree or background in business management, marketing, communications or related field.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in marketing, business management, education development or related field
- Experienced grant writer a plus
- Ability to analyze and interpret financial documents
- Strong people skills to cultivate relationships with community leaders, staff, volunteers and program participants
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Ability to create written, oral and visual presentation material
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to organize, plan, implement and prioritize work load involving multiple projects – many of which will overlap in time frames
- Ability to work efficiently, both independently and part of a team
- Capable of maintaining sensitive/confidential information
- Working hours will occasionally include early starts, evening or weekend hours
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office
- Must have and maintain a dependable vehicle with proof of license and insurance
Competitive salary with full benefits including health insurance or medical allowance, life insurance, short term disability and 401k Retirement Plan (with a company match). Plus, PTO, sick and paid holidays. This position is an employee of Greater Chambersburg Chamber of Commerce.
Application Process: To be considered, qualified candidates are required to submit both a resume and cover letter. Resumes are to be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 5 p.m. on October 12, 2018.
It is the policy of the Greater Chambersburg Chamber of Commerce to grant equal opportunity to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.